FREE shipping to the contiguous 48 states (continental United States) via USPS
The AG68 module integrates a gyroscope anti-drift steering, electromagnetic brake controller, and an electric landing gear controller. However, the pilot still maintains nose wheel steering with rudder input. An additional feature of the AG68 is the proportional braking if used on a slider or knob.
The gyro will apply 2 correcting functions: nose wheel steering and differential braking. During taxiing and take-off, the gyro will correct steering drift by applying the correct nose wheel input. Upon landing and braking, the gyro will use both nose wheel correction during rollout and on braking will apply differential braking to correct any steering drift.
The most important highlight of the AG68 module is that it uses intelligent adaptive algorithm, which eliminates the tedious operation such as setting sensor direction and adjusting sensitivity of traditional model gyroscope products. It only needs to automatic direction adaptation once during installation, and there is no need to adjust when using, so that its installation and use is very simple and convenient.
- Brake and Gear power provided by 7.4 -8.4vdc
- Fully proportional braking
- Nose wheel steering will disengage eliminating the nose wheel from moving while retracted in the wheel well.
- 2x “Y” connectors and 3x male-male servo wires
- 3mm x 41.5mm x 8.5mm
- Weight: 46g
- Can be used with the Assan DS3 door controller
The AG68 gyro supports six-direction installation, which can either make the gyro bottom surface parallel to the bottom plane of the model aircraft (the gyro label face up or down), or make any one of the four arrows on the gyro label perpendicular to the bottom plane of the model aircraft. The gyro is securely attached to the model aircraft using screws or double-sided adhesive.
The electric landing gear controller of the AG68 module can also match various types of electric landing gear (2 wire type) below 35kg class through very simple adaptation operation.
The AG68 module is intended for use on aircraft with tricycle landing gear and can be used on turbine and EDF powered aircraft.
- The AG68 module only supports two wire electric landing gear and will not work with 3 wire gear type. The 3-wire type requires a signal from the RX to operate properly.
- It is not recommended that any mixing or adjustments are made to the servo travel or limits in from TX. With the radio on and the aircraft is level and stationery, make mechanical adjustments to the nose gear to align on center. Any TX adjustments will affect the steering and braking performance.
- If the electromagnetic brake is not turned off for more than one minute, the AG63pro gyro will automatically turn off the brake to prevent the
electromagnetic coil in the brake from overheating.
- If the rudder channel is stabilized with a flight gyro, assign the nose wheel steering to different channel to avoid steering input conflicts between the gyros.
- AG68 needs to be at least 1.5 inches away from engine ECU to avoid electronic interference on either device.
Also available is the AG63 Pro without the gear controller.